Everyone do set goals for for success.. We have goals to keep our current job, or to get a different one. We have goals to save for the future, or to travel, take a vacation, or purchase the things we need and want to make our lives more enjoyable.
An important distinction, however, is that top achievers are serious and focused on their goals, while many of the rest of us are not..ended up turning their back to the goals they set.. Top achievers know that the wording, structure, timing and format of a goal can make it’s achievement much easier nor far more difficult. Top achievers understand the basic skills for setting and reaching their goals, every time! They know how to design and set goals that will lead to success!
I would like to share with you these 10 most important steps to set and achieve your goals Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert:
1. Reachable goals are SPECIFIC. Top achievers know that to reach their goals, the brain must know exactly, precisely, what they are trying to accomplish. Never word a goal with vague terms like “some” or “a little bit”, or “more”. Be specific! If you want to lose 8 pounds and reach a weight of 175, specify those exact numbers. If you want to save $200 this month, be exact. Your brain can help you accomplish almost anything if it knows precisely what you are aiming for.
2. Reachable goals are SIMPLE. Many people describe their goals in complex terms of retiring on the beach in Hawaii, with nice cars and lots of money, and…. Their list goes on and on. Anyone of those things is a great goal, but the combination becomes over whelming and the brain gets confused. If you want to retire in Hawaii, just say so! If you want to increase your sales by 10% this month, say so! Keep your goals simple, clear, and focused.
3. Reachable goals are significant. No one can muster the enthusiasm, hard work and
courage to reach a goal they don’t really care about. A reachable goal is one you really, really want! It’s something that will change your life, enhance your health or wealth, and make you proud. It gets your juices flowing, gets you up in the morning, and keeps you going all day long, because it is important! Set goals that are worth achieving!
4. Reachable goals are STRATEGIC. High achievers know that the best goals accomplish
many great outcomes, all at one time. Running a 10K race will almost certainly: 1) feel great! 2)help you lose weight. 3) lower your cholesterol level 4) strengthen your heart 5) lower you risk of heart disease 6) increase your energy and stamina, and 7) improve your outlook. Design your goals to strategically impact as many areas of your life as possible. You’ll have more reasons to reach your goal and more excitement when you do!
5. Reachable goals are MEASURABLE. A goal without a measurable outcome is just a pipedream. You can’t achieve a pound of “happiness” or 6 inches of “self-esteem”, but you can get a new job. You CAN run a mile in under 7 minutes, or do 100 sit-ups. Someone has wisely observed that, “What gets measured, gets done.” Define your goals in terms of height, weight, dollars, inches, or hours. Then measure your progress until you achieve your desired outcome.
6. Reachable goals are RATIONAL. To reach your goal, you will need a plan, a path, and a vehicle for getting there. Your goals must make sense! When you explain them to friends and family, your goals should create excitement, draw support, and encouragement. Your goals should be just out of reach, but not out of sight! You want to stretch to be your best, not strain after
after impossible dreams. Set goals you CAN and WILL achieve!
7. Reachable goals are TANGIBLE. Choose goals that you can see, hear, smell or touch. Go for things you will enjoy and that you can clearly visualize. The brain has hard time going for “financial security”, but it can visualize a bank statement with nice, large numbers on it! Define your goals in terms that excite the senses, then go for it with all your heart!
8. Reachable goals are WRITTEN. High achievers always know precisely what they want,
because they’ve written it down. Often, they write a short description of their goals every single morning, as a personal reminder of their priorities and their objectives. The act of writing your goals down vastly increases your chance of success. Write it down! Then, keep your notes where
you can see and read them every day.
9. Reachable goals are SHARED. We are far more likely to stick to our plan and reach our goals if we know our friends and family support us. Being part of a team increases our determination, our stamina, and our courage. Caution: Never share your goals with anyone who may ridicule,tease or discourage you! The world is full of doubters and you have no time for them. But, find a support team, a group of cheerleaders, and a coach who will encourage you every step of the way. High achievers count on and work with other winners!
10. Reachable goals are CONSISTENT WITH YOUR VALUES. One of the biggest reasons
people fail to achieve their goals is that they have conflict between their behavior and their values. However, when your values and your goals are in agreement, there is no stopping you! Clarify your values first, then set simple, specific, measurable, tangible, written goals that are consistent with those values. You will achieve them, every single time!
“Aim high! And do not be afraid to reach your goals in life for the success is in your hands..” Have Faith and trust inn yourself! Good Luck!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
A must-see video.. This is one way of expressing God's love bringing his special message that no matter who you are or what you are, we are created equal in his image and likeness thus, we deserve his love and care.. Praise God!
Performed by the Oslo UPC Youth Group last november in a concert at Oslo, Norway.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Healthy breakfast could help you start your day in the right track.. One of the most important mission one should fulfill before we do our daily tasks.
Have you ever thought how important a 5 – 10 minutes breakfast everyday??
Due to some researchers, a diabetologist – Dr. Rey Salinel, In the Morning, Our body is already in the mood of fasting. Half of our body’s glucose has been drained that needs to be replenished. That is how “Breakfast” is very important in our daily lives.. Because we need to Break the Fast! To gain what has been drained.. But, we should also bear in mind that you just cannot eat anything and everything under the sun!
According to the nutritionists, carbohydrates and protein, low in sugar and fat with a lot of fiber are the best ingredients of a good breakfast. Carbohydrates can be found in rice, oatmeal, bread and it is as well advised that one should eat one whole wheat bread and brown rice both of that contain lots of fiber. Proteins is present in egg, cheese and tuna but beware of those high fat content. So, if you feel like having a sandwich for your breakfast, avoid using mayonnaise as dressing since it contains a lot of fat.
Just a friendly breakfast advice especially for those busy people hurrying up for work every morning: >> You can have two slices of whole wheat toast with a slice of light cheddar cheese, oatmeal with fruit, whole wheat cereal with skim milk, scrambled eggs with toast or whole wheat bread with tuna.
So, lets have a healthy breakfast to fuel up our bodies !!
Just for laughs..A dear friend sent this email to me that catches my attention and buzzed me up on this sleepy hour at work..But honestly, I love my Boss >>"My Client" of course.. Such a very supportive boss! How bout you? Do you Love your Job and your Boss?
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Here's the Top 10 Billboard hits:
1. I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
2. Lollipop by Lil Wayne Featuring Static Major
3. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
4. Take A Bow by Rihanna
5. Burnin' Up by Jonas Brothers
6. Viva La Vida by Coldplay
7. Bust It Baby Part 2 by Plies Featuring Ne-Yo
8. Forever by Chris Brown
9. This Is Me by Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas
10. Pocketful Of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield
* Also, Check out Billboard Top 100 Hits
Thursday, July 10, 2008
One afternoon, as I was surfing the net, I found something interesting..unique..and creative that could set you in the mood while you browse..wherein you could have all the freedom to personalize your own Search Engine",you can put your name or any text you like with the colors and styles you want as your logo.. Visit the Funny Logo for an amazing change on your search engine..
Type your choice of text logo and the design and color you want, copy the URL and put it in your blog or website.I'm sure your visitors and friends will now see your personal search engine. Enjoy! :)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Did you know that according to the researchers, watermelon has similar effects to Viagra??
According to Discovery, In Texas, Scientists said watermelons contain an ingredient called citrulline that means, can trigger production of a compound that helps relax the body's blood vessels, just like what happens when a man takes Viagra. When citrulline reacts with the body's enzymes, it is changed into arginine, an amino acid for the heart, circulatory and for our immune systems.
One Researcher for A&M's Fruit and Vegetable Improvement Center in Texas named Bhimu Patil, quoted in an article: "Arginine boosts nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels, the same basic effect that Viagra has, to treat erectile dysfunction and also even prevent it. Watermelon may not be as organ-specific as Viagra, but it's a great way to relax blood vessels without any drug side effects." In the flesh and rind of watermelon, a Citrulline an amino acid, Its name is derived from citrullus which is the Latin word for watermelon, is found. So for now, let's wait and see if there would be an increase in the consumption of the whole fruit.
Friday, July 4, 2008
This is the 4th of July fireworks show at Disneyland
"The 4th of July" Everybody in the United States celebrate this day..The Independence Day! The Declaration of Independence is more than just a piece of paper hence, It is a symbol of America's independence and commitment to certain ideas. A symbol that stands for something very important and has put a mark in everybody's heart and mind. A time to celebrate and enjoy the moment of being free..
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Taken from the Movie "You got Served"
At Mr. Rad's Warehouse, the best hip-hop crews in Los Angeles compete for money and respect. But when a suburban crew crashes the party, stealing their dancers-and their moves-two warring friends have to pull together to represent the street. Combining a sexy story and the best dance moves that hit the screen, You got served a fast-moving urban drama with a hip-hop heart of steel. Starring hip-hop sensations Marques Houston, Omari Grandberry, Lil' Kim and comedian Steve Harvey.. Amazing Dance Moves..Hard to beat moves ever!